How to set up a shisha?
Set-up and smoking the shisha
- Please start by filling water into the vase until the downstem is dipping into the water (about 2cm / 1 inch will be fine).
- Put the stem on top of the vase (note: some water pipes have a screw thread instead of a base grommet).
- Put the ashtray on its location. Some ashtrays are stuck on top of the hookah and some are screwed, please make sure, that everything fits well to prevent coal falling down, when it is put on the ashtray.
- Put the tobacco into the bowl very loose to get better smoke results. Then put some aluminium foil (about 2-3 layers) on top of the bowl and punch holes into it. Put the bowl on top of your shisha.
- Afterwards you have to put the charcoal on top of the bowl. Please use tongs to do that.
- Now just take a few drags on the hose until the smoke clouds are big and puffy. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Add a bit of milk to the water. It will make the smoke milder and more puffy.
- If the cut of your tobacco is too rough, cut it with scissors to get a longer smoking duration and a better taste.
- If you are using quicklighting charcoal, make sure, that it is completely ignited before putting it on the bowl to avoid a bad taste.
- Add some rose water to the water of your shisha to get a pleasant taste.
- Add a snap light stick / glowstick to the water of your shisha for a nice lighting effect.
- Store your tobacco inside of airtight boxes to keep it fresh and tasty.
- Do not store your tobacco inside a refrigerator!
- Be creative and mix your own flavours (e.g. banana + strawberry)!
- Add ice cubes to the water of your shisha to cool the smoke down and make it a more pleasant smoke experience. You can add juice or wine to the water to make it a more intensive taste.